Gaddafi`s son offered rebels $2 bn for his release
Cairo: The son of the late Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi, Saif al-Islam, who was arrested on Saturday, offered a bribe of USD 2 billion to the rebels in exchange for his release, Az Zintan TV channel reported.
According to the TV channel, Saif al-Islam offered USD 2 billion to the rebels in the town of Zintan where he was brought after having been arrested in southern Libya.
The rebels rejected the talks with Gaddafi`s son and viewed his offer as "a humiliation to the revolution", the channel said.
Gaddafi`s regime was overthrown in October by opposition forces with NATO`s assistance after a seven-month civil war. Gaddafi, who ruled the country for almost 42 years, was captured and killed by rebels near his home town of Sirte late October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey