Gaddafi`s son Seif al-Islam arrested: ICC prosecut
The Hague: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s
son Seif al-Islam, for whom the International Criminal Court
issued arrest warrants for crimes against humanity, is in
detention, the ICC prosecutor said on Monday.
"I have received confidential information stating he has
been arrested," Luis Moreno-Ocampo said.
Earlier, the chairman of Libya`s rebel National
Transitional Council told Al-Jazeera television from Benghazi
he had "information that Seif al-Islam has been captured".
"He is being kept in a secure place under close guard
until he is handed over to the judiciary," Abdel Jalil said,
without giving a date or place for the reported capture of
Before the revolt which erupted in February, Seif al-Islam
was increasingly seen as the successor to his father, despite
publicly ruling out any dynastic ambitions in the North
He long served as the face of the regime in the West as he
appeared in suits and ties and spoke fluent English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected