Gaddafi`s son warns of infighting in future Libya
Tripoli: New video footage of Muammar Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir apparent Saif al-Islam taken shortly after his capture shows him warning his captors that Libya`s regions that united in revolution will turn against each other in the near future.
Saif al-Islam was taken prisoner on Saturday in southern Libya and is being held by fighters in the town of Zintan.
In a video acquired by a news agency, he tells his captors that "in a couple of months or maximum one year" the regions that banded together to oust Gaddafi will betray one another, suggesting the country will descend into infighting.
Saif al-Islam is wanted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity.
ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo is flying to Tripoli on Tuesday for talks with Libyan authorities Seif al-Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000