Gaddafi`s son warns of infighting in future Libya
Tripoli: New video footage of Muammar Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir apparent Saif al-Islam taken shortly after his capture shows him warning his captors that Libya`s regions that united in revolution will turn against each other in the near future.
Saif al-Islam was taken prisoner on Saturday in southern Libya and is being held by fighters in the town of Zintan.
In a video acquired by a news agency, he tells his captors that "in a couple of months or maximum one year" the regions that banded together to oust Gaddafi will betray one another, suggesting the country will descend into infighting.
Saif al-Islam is wanted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity.
ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo is flying to Tripoli on Tuesday for talks with Libyan authorities Seif al-Islam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis