Gaddafi`s wife in talks to buy Croatian resort
Zagreb: The wife of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is negotiating to buy a tourist resort in Croatia, a media report said.
Croatian daily Makarska Chronicle said Gaddafi`s wife Safia - of Bosnian-Croatian origin - was planning to buy a resort in Igrani town, which before the division of the former Yugoslavia belonged to a Serbian utility company.
Safia was born Sofia Farkas in Yugoslavia in the city of Mostar. The city in present day is in Bosnia-Herzegovina. She is Gaddafi`s second and present wife.
The newspaper said the negotiations started when rebel operations to depose Gaddafi intensified in Libya and were in an "advanced phase". Safia and her three children fled to Algeria after rebels took over Tripoli.
Rebel troops have said they have located Gaddafi, believed to be still hiding in Libya, and that it was just a matter of time before he was arrested or killed.
Gaddafi had attended the Yugoslav Air Force Academy. He also had close ties with late Yugoslav ruler Josip Broz Tito.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi