Gaddafi`s wife in talks to buy Croatian resort
Zagreb: The wife of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is negotiating to buy a tourist resort in Croatia, a media report said.
Croatian daily Makarska Chronicle said Gaddafi`s wife Safia - of Bosnian-Croatian origin - was planning to buy a resort in Igrani town, which before the division of the former Yugoslavia belonged to a Serbian utility company.
Safia was born Sofia Farkas in Yugoslavia in the city of Mostar. The city in present day is in Bosnia-Herzegovina. She is Gaddafi`s second and present wife.
The newspaper said the negotiations started when rebel operations to depose Gaddafi intensified in Libya and were in an "advanced phase". Safia and her three children fled to Algeria after rebels took over Tripoli.
Rebel troops have said they have located Gaddafi, believed to be still hiding in Libya, and that it was just a matter of time before he was arrested or killed.
Gaddafi had attended the Yugoslav Air Force Academy. He also had close ties with late Yugoslav ruler Josip Broz Tito.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city