Gandhi Jayanti celebrated in China
Beijing: Mahatma Gandhi`s 144th birth anniversary was today celebrated at Beijing`s picturesque Chao Yang Park, where Chinese children reciting famous Gandhian sayings attracted a big crowd.
Enthusiasts, both Chinese and Indians, along with Indian diplomats converged at Gandhi`s statue carved by acclaimed sculptor Yuan Xikun.
While Chinese children recited some notable sayings of Gandhi, Indian kids sang `bhajans`.
Deputy Ambassador of India Bala Bhaskar and officials from a local Chinese museum laid wreaths at the statue and recalled the impact of Gandhi`s leadership and values all around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch