Gandhi Jayanti celebrated in China
Beijing: Mahatma Gandhi`s 144th birth anniversary was today celebrated at Beijing`s picturesque Chao Yang Park, where Chinese children reciting famous Gandhian sayings attracted a big crowd.
Enthusiasts, both Chinese and Indians, along with Indian diplomats converged at Gandhi`s statue carved by acclaimed sculptor Yuan Xikun.
While Chinese children recited some notable sayings of Gandhi, Indian kids sang `bhajans`.
Deputy Ambassador of India Bala Bhaskar and officials from a local Chinese museum laid wreaths at the statue and recalled the impact of Gandhi`s leadership and values all around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre