Gandhi Jayanti celebrated in China
Beijing: Mahatma Gandhi`s 144th birth anniversary was today celebrated at Beijing`s picturesque Chao Yang Park, where Chinese children reciting famous Gandhian sayings attracted a big crowd.
Enthusiasts, both Chinese and Indians, along with Indian diplomats converged at Gandhi`s statue carved by acclaimed sculptor Yuan Xikun.
While Chinese children recited some notable sayings of Gandhi, Indian kids sang `bhajans`.
Deputy Ambassador of India Bala Bhaskar and officials from a local Chinese museum laid wreaths at the statue and recalled the impact of Gandhi`s leadership and values all around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire