Gandhi Jayanti celebrated in China
Beijing: Mahatma Gandhi`s 144th birth anniversary was today celebrated at Beijing`s picturesque Chao Yang Park, where Chinese children reciting famous Gandhian sayings attracted a big crowd.
Enthusiasts, both Chinese and Indians, along with Indian diplomats converged at Gandhi`s statue carved by acclaimed sculptor Yuan Xikun.
While Chinese children recited some notable sayings of Gandhi, Indian kids sang `bhajans`.
Deputy Ambassador of India Bala Bhaskar and officials from a local Chinese museum laid wreaths at the statue and recalled the impact of Gandhi`s leadership and values all around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?