Gandhi’s great grandson elected to Kansas State Assembly
Washington: A great-grandson of Mahatma Gandhi has been elected to a State Assembly in the United Stated during the general elections held on November 6.
Shanti Gandhi, 72, contesting as a Republican Party candidate, defeated his Democratic rival Theodore "Ted" Ensley by nine percentage point for the Kansas`s 52nd Assembly District.
He is son of late Saraswati Gandhi, wife of Mahatma Gandhi`s grandson the late Kanti Lal.
Gandhi, a cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon retired in 2010 form Stormont-Vail Hospital at Topeka City in the Kansas State, received 6,413 votes against Ensley`s 5,357 in the elections held Tuesday for the State`s, according to the results declared by the Kansas Secretary of State.
He arrived in the US in 1967 as a medical graduate from University of Bombay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you