Gang targets Prada flagship store in London robbery
London: A smash-and-grab gang attacked Prada`s flagship store in a raid to steal expensive designer handbags in central London early Friday.
But the four thieves on mopeds bungled up and crashed into a lamp post as they fled, dropping some of their loot worth thousands of pounds.
Scotland Yard flying squad officers, called to the scene, appealed for information and witnesses following the theft.
The men broke the front windows of the Old Bond Street shop and took as many handbags as they could carry before speeding off on two mopeds just before 1.30 am.
But police said officers were notified a short time later that a moped had been in collision with a lamp post in nearby Conduit Street, and a number of handbags were recovered.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said the men on the moped that crashed had left the scene by the time they arrived, and there had been no arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?