Gang targets Prada flagship store in London robbery
London: A smash-and-grab gang attacked Prada`s flagship store in a raid to steal expensive designer handbags in central London early Friday.
But the four thieves on mopeds bungled up and crashed into a lamp post as they fled, dropping some of their loot worth thousands of pounds.
Scotland Yard flying squad officers, called to the scene, appealed for information and witnesses following the theft.
The men broke the front windows of the Old Bond Street shop and took as many handbags as they could carry before speeding off on two mopeds just before 1.30 am.
But police said officers were notified a short time later that a moped had been in collision with a lamp post in nearby Conduit Street, and a number of handbags were recovered.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said the men on the moped that crashed had left the scene by the time they arrived, and there had been no arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed