Gangster Al Capone’s revolver up for grabs
London: Chicago gangster Al Capone’s revolver is likely to fetch 70,000 pounds when it goes under the hammer next month.
The Colt .38 was made in May 1929 after the mobster had ordered the murder of seven of his rivals in the St Valentine’s Day Massacre.
It is being sold by a private collector in an online auction and will come with a letter signed by Capone’s sister-in-law that will confirm its authenticity, reports the Daily Express.
Capone, nicknamed Scarface, who died in 1947, had dominated the Chicago underworld during prohibition until his arrest in 1931 for tax evasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa