Gangster Al Capone’s revolver up for grabs
London: Chicago gangster Al Capone’s revolver is likely to fetch 70,000 pounds when it goes under the hammer next month.
The Colt .38 was made in May 1929 after the mobster had ordered the murder of seven of his rivals in the St Valentine’s Day Massacre.
It is being sold by a private collector in an online auction and will come with a letter signed by Capone’s sister-in-law that will confirm its authenticity, reports the Daily Express.
Capone, nicknamed Scarface, who died in 1947, had dominated the Chicago underworld during prohibition until his arrest in 1931 for tax evasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic