Gas blast traps 17 in China coal mine
Beijing: At least 17 miners remain trapped in a coal mine in China after a gas blast, media reported Sunday.
The blast occurred at 8.43 p.m. Saturday when 20 people were working inside the mine in Xinjiang province. Three of them have been rescued.
Rescuers have started pouring nitrogen into the mine to dilute the gas concentration Sunday, Xinhua reported.
This process needs to be continued for a day before one enters the pit, the rescuers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown