Gas blast traps 17 in China coal mine
Beijing: At least 17 miners remain trapped in a coal mine in China after a gas blast, media reported Sunday.
The blast occurred at 8.43 p.m. Saturday when 20 people were working inside the mine in Xinjiang province. Three of them have been rescued.
Rescuers have started pouring nitrogen into the mine to dilute the gas concentration Sunday, Xinhua reported.
This process needs to be continued for a day before one enters the pit, the rescuers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site