Gas blast traps 17 in China coal mine
Beijing: At least 17 miners remain trapped in a coal mine in China after a gas blast, media reported Sunday.
The blast occurred at 8.43 p.m. Saturday when 20 people were working inside the mine in Xinjiang province. Three of them have been rescued.
Rescuers have started pouring nitrogen into the mine to dilute the gas concentration Sunday, Xinhua reported.
This process needs to be continued for a day before one enters the pit, the rescuers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China