Gas explosion levels US buildings; 18 hurt
Springfield: Authorities say a natural gas explosion in one of New England`s biggest cities has destroyed two buildings but hasn`t killed anyone.
They say firefighters and gas company workers are among more than a dozen injured people.
The explosion in downtown Springfield blew out all windows in a three block radius, leaving three more buildings beyond repair and prompting emergency workers to evacuate a six story apartment building that was buckling.
Officials at two nearby hospitals say 16 victims were transported with injuries, but none was critical.
Firefighters were investigating a gas leak when the blast happened shortly after 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?