Gas exports to Italy halted after clashes in Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan security official says transport of natural gas to Italy has been halted after clashes between armed tribesmen and forces guarding a natural gas complex in the country`s west.
The official said on Sunday the clashes broke out a day earlier between guards at the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara city, west of Tripoli, and local ethnic Berber tribesmen. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corporation and Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA.
It was not clear what set off the clashes. The official said a company staffer was injured.
He said the halt of exports is a security measure, but no pipelines were affected. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!