Gas exports to Italy halted after clashes in Libya
Tripoli: A Libyan security official says transport of natural gas to Italy has been halted after clashes between armed tribesmen and forces guarding a natural gas complex in the country`s west.
The official said on Sunday the clashes broke out a day earlier between guards at the Mellitah Oil and Gas complex near Zwara city, west of Tripoli, and local ethnic Berber tribesmen. The complex is a joint venture between Libya`s National Oil Corporation and Italy`s largest energy company, Eni SpA.
It was not clear what set off the clashes. The official said a company staffer was injured.
He said the halt of exports is a security measure, but no pipelines were affected. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram