Gas leakage kills 10 in China coal mine
Beijing: At least 10 people were killed today in a coal mine gas leak in China`s Guizhou province.
The leakage occurred just after midnight in a coal mine where 130 people were working, out of which 120 managed to escape, Xinhua news agency reported.
All ten bodies of the deceased were retrieved by rescuers.
China is the world`s largest coal producer with more than 46 per cent of the world`s share coming from the communist nation.
The country has witnessed a spate of coal mining accidents and the world`s worst coal disaster ever - Benxihu Colliery Disaster - claiming 1,549 lives also took place in China`s Liaoning province on 26 April 1942.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America