Gas leakage kills 10 in China coal mine
Beijing: At least 10 people were killed today in a coal mine gas leak in China`s Guizhou province.
The leakage occurred just after midnight in a coal mine where 130 people were working, out of which 120 managed to escape, Xinhua news agency reported.
All ten bodies of the deceased were retrieved by rescuers.
China is the world`s largest coal producer with more than 46 per cent of the world`s share coming from the communist nation.
The country has witnessed a spate of coal mining accidents and the world`s worst coal disaster ever - Benxihu Colliery Disaster - claiming 1,549 lives also took place in China`s Liaoning province on 26 April 1942.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'