Gas poisoning kills four in China
Beijing: Four workers were killed by an unknown gas when they were repairing heating pipelines in north China`s Inner Mongolia autonomous region, the local work safety watchdog said Wednesday.
The accident happened around 11 a.m. when two workers cut off a pipe in a well and were poisoned by the gas which leaked out of the pipe at Ulan Qab city`s Jining New District, Xinhua reported.
Another two workers who entered the well to rescue them were also poisoned and died later despite medical efforts, said a statement from the watchdog.
The cause of the accident is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur