Gas poisoning kills four in China
Beijing: Four workers were killed by an unknown gas when they were repairing heating pipelines in north China`s Inner Mongolia autonomous region, the local work safety watchdog said Wednesday.
The accident happened around 11 a.m. when two workers cut off a pipe in a well and were poisoned by the gas which leaked out of the pipe at Ulan Qab city`s Jining New District, Xinhua reported.
Another two workers who entered the well to rescue them were also poisoned and died later despite medical efforts, said a statement from the watchdog.
The cause of the accident is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured