Gas poisoning kills four in China
Beijing: Four workers were killed by an unknown gas when they were repairing heating pipelines in north China`s Inner Mongolia autonomous region, the local work safety watchdog said Wednesday.
The accident happened around 11 a.m. when two workers cut off a pipe in a well and were poisoned by the gas which leaked out of the pipe at Ulan Qab city`s Jining New District, Xinhua reported.
Another two workers who entered the well to rescue them were also poisoned and died later despite medical efforts, said a statement from the watchdog.
The cause of the accident is being probed.
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'