Gas tanker truck blast in Mexico, 18 dead: Official
Mexico City: A gas tanker exploded in a Mexico City suburb on Tuesday, killing at least 18 people, wounding 36 others and damaging several homes and cars, an official said.
The blast rocked a neighbourhood of Ecatepec, north of the Mexican capital, in the early hours of the day, affecting 15 cars and 20 homes, said Salvador Neme, the public safety secretary for the state of Mexico.
"The number is updated to 18 people dead and 36 wounded in the emergency in Ecatepec," Neme wrote on Twitter, after initially reporting nine deaths and 13 injuries.
The truck was travelling on a highway linking Mexico City to the central city of Pachuca.
Television images showed charred vehicles on a highway, road cement barriers thrown to the side and buildings in smoke as firefighters and rescue workers sifted through the damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug