Gas tanker truck blast in Mexico, 18 dead: Official
Mexico City: A gas tanker exploded in a Mexico City suburb on Tuesday, killing at least 18 people, wounding 36 others and damaging several homes and cars, an official said.
The blast rocked a neighbourhood of Ecatepec, north of the Mexican capital, in the early hours of the day, affecting 15 cars and 20 homes, said Salvador Neme, the public safety secretary for the state of Mexico.
"The number is updated to 18 people dead and 36 wounded in the emergency in Ecatepec," Neme wrote on Twitter, after initially reporting nine deaths and 13 injuries.
The truck was travelling on a highway linking Mexico City to the central city of Pachuca.
Television images showed charred vehicles on a highway, road cement barriers thrown to the side and buildings in smoke as firefighters and rescue workers sifted through the damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown