Gaza baby dies after respirator runs out of fuel
Gaza: A Gaza man says his baby died after the
generator powering his respirator ran out of fuel the first
known death linked to Gaza`s energy crisis.
Abdul-Rahim Helou says his baby, Mohammed, relied on a
respirator to help him breathe. Because of 18-hour-day power
blackouts, Helou says he had used a gas-powered generator to
keep his baby alive.
Mohammed died overnight Friday.
Helou said today that he and his wife didn`t realise how
much fuel they needed to keep their new generator going and it
ran out overnight.
A Gaza health official said the baby arrived at a Gaza
City hospital dead, having choked on its own phlegm.
The power shortage has been caused by a cut-off of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued