Gaza baby dies after respirator runs out of fuel
Gaza: A Gaza man says his baby died after the
generator powering his respirator ran out of fuel the first
known death linked to Gaza`s energy crisis.
Abdul-Rahim Helou says his baby, Mohammed, relied on a
respirator to help him breathe. Because of 18-hour-day power
blackouts, Helou says he had used a gas-powered generator to
keep his baby alive.
Mohammed died overnight Friday.
Helou said today that he and his wife didn`t realise how
much fuel they needed to keep their new generator going and it
ran out overnight.
A Gaza health official said the baby arrived at a Gaza
City hospital dead, having choked on its own phlegm.
The power shortage has been caused by a cut-off of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach