Gaza boy, 7, dies from air strike wounds: medic
Gaza City: A seven-year-old Gaza boy wounded in an Israeli air raid on the northern Gaza Strip died today, a spokesman for the Palestinian health services said.
Ali al-Awour was wounded in Wednesday`s strike targeting his uncle, radical Salafist Mohammed al-Awour, who was killed. Another Palestinian man was wounded.
The Israeli military said on Wednesday it had targeted "terrorists affiliated to the international jihad", its designation for Al-Qaeda inspired groups in Gaza.
Awour, 30, and the wounded man were travelling on a motorbike when they were attacked. The boy had been passing by on foot.
Awour had been involved in rocket attacks on southern Israel in recent years and particularly over the past month, an Israeli army statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre