Gaza Hamas rulers to start campaign to catch spies
Gaza City: Gaza`s Hamas rulers say they will begin a new campaign to find Palestinian collaborators with Israel.
Col. Mohammed Lafi of Gaza`s Interior Ministry said today that the campaign aims to protect Palestinian militant groups battling Israel. Lafi says they will also warn other Palestinians of the dangers of spying.
Israel security officials have long relied on a network of informants in the Palestinian territories to keep tabs on militants.
Since Hamas seized power in Gaza in 2007, it has taken a tough line on Palestinians accused of collaboration with Israel. Gunmen have killed more than 24 suspected collaborators, and jailed 20 suspects.
A Palestinian rights group urged Hamas to ensure fair trials for the accused.
Lafi says the campaign, including TV ads and offers of amnesty, will begin on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH