Gaza Hamas rulers to start campaign to catch spies
Gaza City: Gaza`s Hamas rulers say they will begin a new campaign to find Palestinian collaborators with Israel.
Col. Mohammed Lafi of Gaza`s Interior Ministry said today that the campaign aims to protect Palestinian militant groups battling Israel. Lafi says they will also warn other Palestinians of the dangers of spying.
Israel security officials have long relied on a network of informants in the Palestinian territories to keep tabs on militants.
Since Hamas seized power in Gaza in 2007, it has taken a tough line on Palestinians accused of collaboration with Israel. Gunmen have killed more than 24 suspected collaborators, and jailed 20 suspects.
A Palestinian rights group urged Hamas to ensure fair trials for the accused.
Lafi says the campaign, including TV ads and offers of amnesty, will begin on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!