Gaza Hamas rulers to start campaign to catch spies
Gaza City: Gaza`s Hamas rulers say they will begin a new campaign to find Palestinian collaborators with Israel.
Col. Mohammed Lafi of Gaza`s Interior Ministry said today that the campaign aims to protect Palestinian militant groups battling Israel. Lafi says they will also warn other Palestinians of the dangers of spying.
Israel security officials have long relied on a network of informants in the Palestinian territories to keep tabs on militants.
Since Hamas seized power in Gaza in 2007, it has taken a tough line on Palestinians accused of collaboration with Israel. Gunmen have killed more than 24 suspected collaborators, and jailed 20 suspects.
A Palestinian rights group urged Hamas to ensure fair trials for the accused.
Lafi says the campaign, including TV ads and offers of amnesty, will begin on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- China says pressing ahead with own anti-missile system
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Kusal Mendis emulates Kumar Sangakkara, scores 150-plus runs in 2nd innings against Aussies
- Man held with 116 bottles of liquor in Bihar
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'