Gaza LIVE: Israel`s plan to assassinate Hamas chief may backfire, says report
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha & Neha Attre
— UNRWA (@UNRWA) August 20, 2014
In an interview to the Reuters, he added that it will take more than a decade to see any improvement in the lives of Gazans unless Israel lifted a blockade on its territory.
"If they (Israel) miss him (or only manage to wound him, again), and kill his family members, the hatred and determination to continue the conflict will only increase," adds the report.
The rocket fire on Israel today is a gross violation of the ceasefire. This is the 11th ceasefire that Hamas has either rejected or violated
— Israel Foreign Min. (@IsraelMFA) August 19, 2014
Since Gaza terrorists violated the latest ceasefire, they have fired about 70 rockets at Israel. 10 rockets were launched in the past hour.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) August 20, 2014
— United Nations (@UN) August 20, 2014
"The wife of the great leader was martyred with his daughter," in a strike Tuesday night, Hamas`s exiled deputy leader Mussa Abu Marzuk wrote on Facebook while saying nothing about the fate of Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades commander Mohammed Deif himself, the report stated.
The fighting between Israel and Hamas resumed on Wednesday after truce talks between them collapsed.
The violence started after Israel accused Hamas militants of breaking the truce hours before it was due to end.
Egypt also called back its negotiators from Cairo where the talks were underway followed by Palestinian negotiators who blamed Israel for the failure in talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari