Gaza LIVE: Israel`s plan to assassinate Hamas chief may backfire, says report
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha & Neha Attre
— UNRWA (@UNRWA) August 20, 2014
In an interview to the Reuters, he added that it will take more than a decade to see any improvement in the lives of Gazans unless Israel lifted a blockade on its territory.
"If they (Israel) miss him (or only manage to wound him, again), and kill his family members, the hatred and determination to continue the conflict will only increase," adds the report.
The rocket fire on Israel today is a gross violation of the ceasefire. This is the 11th ceasefire that Hamas has either rejected or violated
— Israel Foreign Min. (@IsraelMFA) August 19, 2014
Since Gaza terrorists violated the latest ceasefire, they have fired about 70 rockets at Israel. 10 rockets were launched in the past hour.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) August 20, 2014
— United Nations (@UN) August 20, 2014
"The wife of the great leader was martyred with his daughter," in a strike Tuesday night, Hamas`s exiled deputy leader Mussa Abu Marzuk wrote on Facebook while saying nothing about the fate of Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades commander Mohammed Deif himself, the report stated.
The fighting between Israel and Hamas resumed on Wednesday after truce talks between them collapsed.
The violence started after Israel accused Hamas militants of breaking the truce hours before it was due to end.
Egypt also called back its negotiators from Cairo where the talks were underway followed by Palestinian negotiators who blamed Israel for the failure in talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'