Gaza militants battle Israelis, 2 reported dead
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says Gaza militants have crossed the border into Israel and exchanged fire with troops. Israeli rescue services say two militants were killed.
Tensions are high on Tuesday in the aftermath of an Israeli naval raid targeting an aid flotilla to Gaza, which is ruled by Hamas militants and is subject to an Israeli-Egyptian blockade.
Commandos boarding one of the ships on Monday encountered resistance and killed nine pro-Palestinian activists in the ensuing clash.
The Israeli military says no troops were hurt in Tuesday`s clash on the Gaza border.
Israeli police said roadblocks were thrown up inside Israel after the reported infiltration from Gaza.
Israel Radio reported that schoolchildren in the area were ordered to remain inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing