Gaza militants battle Israelis, 2 reported dead
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says Gaza militants have crossed the border into Israel and exchanged fire with troops. Israeli rescue services say two militants were killed.
Tensions are high on Tuesday in the aftermath of an Israeli naval raid targeting an aid flotilla to Gaza, which is ruled by Hamas militants and is subject to an Israeli-Egyptian blockade.
Commandos boarding one of the ships on Monday encountered resistance and killed nine pro-Palestinian activists in the ensuing clash.
The Israeli military says no troops were hurt in Tuesday`s clash on the Gaza border.
Israeli police said roadblocks were thrown up inside Israel after the reported infiltration from Gaza.
Israel Radio reported that schoolchildren in the area were ordered to remain inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal