Gaza militants battle Israelis, 2 reported dead
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says Gaza militants have crossed the border into Israel and exchanged fire with troops. Israeli rescue services say two militants were killed.
Tensions are high on Tuesday in the aftermath of an Israeli naval raid targeting an aid flotilla to Gaza, which is ruled by Hamas militants and is subject to an Israeli-Egyptian blockade.
Commandos boarding one of the ships on Monday encountered resistance and killed nine pro-Palestinian activists in the ensuing clash.
The Israeli military says no troops were hurt in Tuesday`s clash on the Gaza border.
Israeli police said roadblocks were thrown up inside Israel after the reported infiltration from Gaza.
Israel Radio reported that schoolchildren in the area were ordered to remain inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'