Gaza militants fire missile, rockets at Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says Gaza militants have fired a missile at troops patrolling the border on Monday as well as several rockets into the south of the country.
The military didn`t immediately retaliate for today`s attacks, which came on the last day of the Passover holiday. No casualties were reported.
The military says the latest bout of attacks started late yesterday when an explosive device went off targeting troops along the border. A missile was fired at the soldiers on Monday and at least seven rockets into southern Israel after that.
Fire from Gaza, ruled by the militant Islamic group Hamas, has declined since an Israeli campaign aimed at ending what were then almost daily attacks in 2012, but it still persists.
Last month, Gaza militants fired the heaviest barrages since that offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM