Gaza rocket hits Israel, no casualties
Jerusalem: Palestinian militants in the Gaza
Strip fired a Qassam rocket into the Eshkol region of southern
Israel this morning causing no casualties, Israeli police
Earlier this month, the Israeli chief of staff warned MPs
that repeated rocket fire from Gaza will push Israel into
taking "aggressive" action in the Gaza Strip.
"One round after another; we shall in the end need to move
to broader, more aggressive action in the Gaza Strip," Benny
Gantz said on November 15, just hours before Gaza-based
militants fired rockets into southern Israel.
There were no casualties during that attack which damaged
a farm outbuilding.
Low-level unrest has rumbled in and around Gaza this month
but has not erupted into all-out fighting as it did on October
29-30 when tit-for-tat violence left 12 Palestinian militants
and an Israeli civilian dead.
Militant groups say they are observing an Egypt-brokered
truce agreement but have reserved the right to reply to any
Israeli fire. Israel has said it will target any militants
poised to fire rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan