Geithner joining Council on Foreign Relations
Washington: Timothy Geithner is joining the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, his first public move since stepping down as US Treasury Secretary last month.
The council says Geithner will become a distinguished fellow with the organization. Geithner had previously been a senior fellow with the council in 2001 after he stepped down as Treasury undersecretary for international affairs in the Clinton administration.
Council President Richard Haass said that Geithner will strengthen the organization`s ability to "produce thoughtful analysis of issues at the intersection of economic, political and strategic developments."
Geithner served as Treasury secretary during President Barack Obama`s first term. Obama has nominated Jacob Lew, his chief of staff, to replace Geithner at Treasury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally