Geithner joining Council on Foreign Relations
Washington: Timothy Geithner is joining the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, his first public move since stepping down as US Treasury Secretary last month.
The council says Geithner will become a distinguished fellow with the organization. Geithner had previously been a senior fellow with the council in 2001 after he stepped down as Treasury undersecretary for international affairs in the Clinton administration.
Council President Richard Haass said that Geithner will strengthen the organization`s ability to "produce thoughtful analysis of issues at the intersection of economic, political and strategic developments."
Geithner served as Treasury secretary during President Barack Obama`s first term. Obama has nominated Jacob Lew, his chief of staff, to replace Geithner at Treasury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000