George and I were poisoned at G8 summit: Laura Bush
New York: Former US first lady Laura Bush writes in her forthcoming autobiography that she and her husband George W Bush may have been poisoned when they became ill at a summit in Germany in 2007, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.
Writing in her book `Spoken from the Heart`, due to be released in May, Laura Bush says that the US Secret Service probed whether the presidential delegation may have been poisoned at the G8 summit.
George W Bush spent part of the summit bedridden.
Doctors concluded that they had contracted a virus, she said, according to the Times report.
However "we never learned if any other delegations became ill, or if ours, mysteriously, was the only one," Laura Bush wrote.
She also wrote about a fatal November 1963 car accident when she was 17 in Texas and at the wheel of a car that hit another, killing the driver, a fellow student.
"I lost my faith that November, lost it for many, many years," she writes.
"It was the first time that I had prayed to God for something, begged him for something, not the simple childhood wishing on a star but humbly begging for another human life. And it was as if no one heard."
The book is also devoted, according to the Times report, to rebutting critics of her husband. She calls insulting comments by the Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid "uncalled for and graceless”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof