George and I were poisoned at G8 summit: Laura Bush
New York: Former US first lady Laura Bush writes in her forthcoming autobiography that she and her husband George W Bush may have been poisoned when they became ill at a summit in Germany in 2007, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.
Writing in her book `Spoken from the Heart`, due to be released in May, Laura Bush says that the US Secret Service probed whether the presidential delegation may have been poisoned at the G8 summit.
George W Bush spent part of the summit bedridden.
Doctors concluded that they had contracted a virus, she said, according to the Times report.
However "we never learned if any other delegations became ill, or if ours, mysteriously, was the only one," Laura Bush wrote.
She also wrote about a fatal November 1963 car accident when she was 17 in Texas and at the wheel of a car that hit another, killing the driver, a fellow student.
"I lost my faith that November, lost it for many, many years," she writes.
"It was the first time that I had prayed to God for something, begged him for something, not the simple childhood wishing on a star but humbly begging for another human life. And it was as if no one heard."
The book is also devoted, according to the Times report, to rebutting critics of her husband. She calls insulting comments by the Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid "uncalled for and graceless”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued