`George Bush gave orders to shoot down planes on 9/11`
London: Former US president George W Bush gave orders to shoot down planes on 9/11, his new book has revealed.
He also thought the hijacked airliner that crashed in Pennsylvania had been shot down.
The ex-president learned minutes later that brave passengers had forced terrorists to abandon their attempt to smash into the White House and crash land into a field.
Bush`s memoir `Decision Points` is due to be published next month, reports the Daily Mail.
He has also covered crisis from the September 11 attacks to Hurricane Katrina and the financial meltdown in his book.
But, according to the right-wing Drudge Report website, Bush takes very few shots at his critics and does not take aim at Barack Obama, who is battling his own plunge in popularity on the eve of America`s mid-term elections.
The book starts with the words: “It was a simple question, `Can you remember the last day you didn`t have a drink`?”
It goes on to describe the ex-president`s return to sobriety after problems with alcohol in his youth.
In the chapter `Stem Cells`, Bush describes receiving a letter from Nancy Reagan detailing a `wrenching family journey’.
But ultimately, he wrote: "I did feel a responsibility to voice my pro-life convictions and lead the country toward what Pope John Paul II called a culture of life."
The Drudge Report also said that Bush would go on Oprah Winfrey`s daytime talk show to promote the `very personal` memoir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended