George Bush undergoes heart surgery to remove blockage
Houston: Former US President George W Bush on Tuesday successfully underwent a surgery to clear a blocked artery in his heart.
Bush, 67, was hospitalised after having a procedure to open a blocked heart artery. Doctors detected the problem during a routine check up yesterday, and have successfully implanted a device called a stent to unblock his artery in an operation carried out in Texas, his office said in a statement.
The procedure was performed without complication at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, it said.
"President Bush is in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday," the office said.
He is grateful to the skilled medical professionals who have cared for him and thanked his family, friends, and fellow citizens for their prayers and well wishes.
Bush, who served from 2001-2009, encourages us all to get our regular check-ups.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today