George Bush undergoes heart surgery to remove blockage
Houston: Former US President George W Bush on Tuesday successfully underwent a surgery to clear a blocked artery in his heart.
Bush, 67, was hospitalised after having a procedure to open a blocked heart artery. Doctors detected the problem during a routine check up yesterday, and have successfully implanted a device called a stent to unblock his artery in an operation carried out in Texas, his office said in a statement.
The procedure was performed without complication at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, it said.
"President Bush is in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday," the office said.
He is grateful to the skilled medical professionals who have cared for him and thanked his family, friends, and fellow citizens for their prayers and well wishes.
Bush, who served from 2001-2009, encourages us all to get our regular check-ups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday