George Bush undergoes heart surgery to remove blockage
Houston: Former US President George W Bush on Tuesday successfully underwent a surgery to clear a blocked artery in his heart.
Bush, 67, was hospitalised after having a procedure to open a blocked heart artery. Doctors detected the problem during a routine check up yesterday, and have successfully implanted a device called a stent to unblock his artery in an operation carried out in Texas, his office said in a statement.
The procedure was performed without complication at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, it said.
"President Bush is in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday," the office said.
He is grateful to the skilled medical professionals who have cared for him and thanked his family, friends, and fellow citizens for their prayers and well wishes.
Bush, who served from 2001-2009, encourages us all to get our regular check-ups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price