George Bush `very comfortable` with invading Iraq
Washington: Former US president George W Bush has said he is still `very comfortable` with one of the most controversial decisions of his presidency - the invasion of Iraq.
In a wide-ranging interview, he told ABC News` Diane Sawyer that he hoped the library and museum serve as resources for historians to judge him based on the same facts he had access to as president.
According to the report, he added that that includes his decision to invade Iraq, despite the fact that the world later learned that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction.
As the formal dedication of the George W Bush Presidential Centre takes place on Thursday, Bush appears at ease with both his much-lower profile and his handling of the major episodes during his presidency.
President Barack Obama and all four living former presidents, including George W Bush`s father, plan on attending the ceremony just outside Dallas.
The library and museum contain the papers and records of the Bush presidency, including more than 200 million e-mails, 70 million paper documents and 43,000 artefacts, including Saddam Hussein`s gun and the bullhorn Bush grabbed at Ground Zero, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read