George HW Bush visits White House
Washington: A dual interest in public service has brought President Barack Obama and former President George HW Bush together at the White House for a joint salute to volunteerism in America.
The first President Bush "41," he often calls himself came for a visit today to attend a ceremony Obama was holding to recognise the 5,000th Daily Point of Light Award.
Created by Bush more than two decades ago to honour volunteer service, the award`s name comes from the description in his 1989 inaugural address of Americans serving each other as "a thousand points of light."
White House press secretary James Carney says he thinks the president believes that President Bush 41 deserves credit for getting young people more involved in community service.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living