George W Bush pens letter as wedding present to elderly couple
Washington: Former US president George W Bush sent a personalised letter to an elderly newlywed couple, who had their honeymoon at the opening of the George W Bush Presidential Library.
“Laura and I send our best wishes for a future filled with love and happiness,” Politico quoted Bush as writing in the letter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Yolanda Touchon, 72, and her husband, 85-year-old Larry, are both long-time Bush supporters.
The couple, who met at a bereavement group and married on April 21 at a chapel in Las Vegas, went on a week-long honeymoon through Texas after their wedding, including a stop over at the May 01 opening of the library.
Yolanda said that she just about fainted when she opened the letter to find the seal of the United States printed above a personal note from the former president.
The couple are planning on framing the letter, along with a commemorative presidential coin and photos from the Morning News story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men