George W Bush pens letter as wedding present to elderly couple
Washington: Former US president George W Bush sent a personalised letter to an elderly newlywed couple, who had their honeymoon at the opening of the George W Bush Presidential Library.
“Laura and I send our best wishes for a future filled with love and happiness,” Politico quoted Bush as writing in the letter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Yolanda Touchon, 72, and her husband, 85-year-old Larry, are both long-time Bush supporters.
The couple, who met at a bereavement group and married on April 21 at a chapel in Las Vegas, went on a week-long honeymoon through Texas after their wedding, including a stop over at the May 01 opening of the library.
Yolanda said that she just about fainted when she opened the letter to find the seal of the United States printed above a personal note from the former president.
The couple are planning on framing the letter, along with a commemorative presidential coin and photos from the Morning News story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal