George W Bush pens letter as wedding present to elderly couple
Washington: Former US president George W Bush sent a personalised letter to an elderly newlywed couple, who had their honeymoon at the opening of the George W Bush Presidential Library.
“Laura and I send our best wishes for a future filled with love and happiness,” Politico quoted Bush as writing in the letter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Yolanda Touchon, 72, and her husband, 85-year-old Larry, are both long-time Bush supporters.
The couple, who met at a bereavement group and married on April 21 at a chapel in Las Vegas, went on a week-long honeymoon through Texas after their wedding, including a stop over at the May 01 opening of the library.
Yolanda said that she just about fainted when she opened the letter to find the seal of the United States printed above a personal note from the former president.
The couple are planning on framing the letter, along with a commemorative presidential coin and photos from the Morning News story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone