George W Bush pens letter as wedding present to elderly couple
Washington: Former US president George W Bush sent a personalised letter to an elderly newlywed couple, who had their honeymoon at the opening of the George W Bush Presidential Library.
“Laura and I send our best wishes for a future filled with love and happiness,” Politico quoted Bush as writing in the letter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Yolanda Touchon, 72, and her husband, 85-year-old Larry, are both long-time Bush supporters.
The couple, who met at a bereavement group and married on April 21 at a chapel in Las Vegas, went on a week-long honeymoon through Texas after their wedding, including a stop over at the May 01 opening of the library.
Yolanda said that she just about fainted when she opened the letter to find the seal of the United States printed above a personal note from the former president.
The couple are planning on framing the letter, along with a commemorative presidential coin and photos from the Morning News story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report