George W Bush pens letter as wedding present to elderly couple
Washington: Former US president George W Bush sent a personalised letter to an elderly newlywed couple, who had their honeymoon at the opening of the George W Bush Presidential Library.
“Laura and I send our best wishes for a future filled with love and happiness,” Politico quoted Bush as writing in the letter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Yolanda Touchon, 72, and her husband, 85-year-old Larry, are both long-time Bush supporters.
The couple, who met at a bereavement group and married on April 21 at a chapel in Las Vegas, went on a week-long honeymoon through Texas after their wedding, including a stop over at the May 01 opening of the library.
Yolanda said that she just about fainted when she opened the letter to find the seal of the United States printed above a personal note from the former president.
The couple are planning on framing the letter, along with a commemorative presidential coin and photos from the Morning News story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi