`Georgia recruiting refugees as sabotage activists`
Moscow: Security services in Georgia are recruiting young people living in refugee camps in sabotage groups, an official of the KGB secret service has said.
"It is known with certainty that Georgian security services are preparing subversive groups from young people living in the refugee camps. They are preparing them for reconnaissance and sabotage activities. We do not rule out that these terrorist groups may sneak into the territory of South Ossetia," Boris Attoyev, the head of South Ossetian KGB, said on Friday.
Air defence systems in South Ossetia have noticed several spy drones taking off from Georgian territory in night time, Attoyev said.
Moscow recognised South Ossetia as independent and became the guarantor of its security following the August 2008 war between Russia and Georgia, whose forces attacked South Ossetia in an attempt to bring it back under central control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read