Georgian ruling coalition wins local elections
Tbilisi: Georgia`s ruling coalition Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgai has swept the country`s local elections after taking unbeatable lead in the run-off held Saturday, announced the Central Electoral Commission based on provisional results.
The Georgian Dream candidates have won the local polls for all the 71 local councils (majority of all local assemblies), all the 12 self-governing cities and all the 59 local municipalities ( mayors and councilors), reported Xinhua.
Saturday`s second round of local polls posted a turnout rate of 36 percent, compared with the first round of the local polls held June 15, which had a turnout rate of 43.3 percent, according to the Central Electoral Commission.
The Georgian Dream coalition now holds the South Caucasus country`s presidency, the majority of the national parliament and now all the local governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what