Georgian ruling coalition wins local elections
Tbilisi: Georgia`s ruling coalition Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgai has swept the country`s local elections after taking unbeatable lead in the run-off held Saturday, announced the Central Electoral Commission based on provisional results.
The Georgian Dream candidates have won the local polls for all the 71 local councils (majority of all local assemblies), all the 12 self-governing cities and all the 59 local municipalities ( mayors and councilors), reported Xinhua.
Saturday`s second round of local polls posted a turnout rate of 36 percent, compared with the first round of the local polls held June 15, which had a turnout rate of 43.3 percent, according to the Central Electoral Commission.
The Georgian Dream coalition now holds the South Caucasus country`s presidency, the majority of the national parliament and now all the local governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda