Georgian ruling coalition wins local elections
Tbilisi: Georgia`s ruling coalition Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgai has swept the country`s local elections after taking unbeatable lead in the run-off held Saturday, announced the Central Electoral Commission based on provisional results.
The Georgian Dream candidates have won the local polls for all the 71 local councils (majority of all local assemblies), all the 12 self-governing cities and all the 59 local municipalities ( mayors and councilors), reported Xinhua.
Saturday`s second round of local polls posted a turnout rate of 36 percent, compared with the first round of the local polls held June 15, which had a turnout rate of 43.3 percent, according to the Central Electoral Commission.
The Georgian Dream coalition now holds the South Caucasus country`s presidency, the majority of the national parliament and now all the local governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!