German caught for driving ‘mobile office’ car
Berlin: While police across the world struggle to curb the use of mobile phones while driving, they now have a bigger challenge at hand.
Police in Germany recently caught a driver who had turned his Ford station wagon into a mobile office.
According to news agency AP, Saarland state police said the 35-year-old man was stopped last Monday for driving his car at a speed of 130 kmph while the limit in the zone was set at 100 kmph.
Built on a wooden frame on his passenger seat they found a laptop on a docking station tilted for easy driver access, a printer, router, wireless internet stick, WLAN antenna, and an inverter to power it all.
A navigation system and cellphone mounted to the windshield completed the array, AP reported.
Since there was no evidence he used the office while moving, he got away with a EUR 120 (USD 153) speeding ticket and a possible fine for having unsecured items in his car.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion