German caught with coke in digestive system: US
Las Vegas: The US attorney in Nevada says a
German traveller was caught with over a kilogram (2.2
pounds) of cocaine encased in more than 80 plastic pellets in
his digestive system while trying to board a flight from Las
Vegas to London.
Christopher Adiegwu was indicted Tuesday in federal court
on a count of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
Arraignment is set for September 9. He faces up to 40 years in
prison and a USD 5 million fine if convicted.
The 43-year-old was arrested August 17 after he was
stopped by federal officers at McCarran International Airport,
hospitalised and X-rayed.
Court records identify him as a German citizen and native
of Nigeria who was traveling under a visa waiver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...