German magazine mistakenly publishes Bush obituary
Berlin: Germany`s respected news weekly Der Spiegel has mistakenly published an obituary for former US President George H W Bush.
The unfinished obituary appeared on Der Spiegel`s website for only a few minutes today before it was spotted by Internet users and removed.
In it, the magazine`s New York correspondent Marc Pitzke describes Bush as "a colourless politician" whose image only improved when it was compared to the later presidency of his son, George W Bush.
Bush was hospitalised in Houston November 23 for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough. He was moved to intensive care on December 23 after he developed a fever.
A family spokesman says the 88-year-old former president was moved out of intensive care into a regular hospital room again Saturday after his condition improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...