German magazine mistakenly publishes Bush obituary
Berlin: Germany`s respected news weekly Der Spiegel has mistakenly published an obituary for former US President George H W Bush.
The unfinished obituary appeared on Der Spiegel`s website for only a few minutes today before it was spotted by Internet users and removed.
In it, the magazine`s New York correspondent Marc Pitzke describes Bush as "a colourless politician" whose image only improved when it was compared to the later presidency of his son, George W Bush.
Bush was hospitalised in Houston November 23 for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough. He was moved to intensive care on December 23 after he developed a fever.
A family spokesman says the 88-year-old former president was moved out of intensive care into a regular hospital room again Saturday after his condition improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj