German magazine mistakenly publishes George HW Bush obit
Washington: A respected German magazine has mistakenly published an obituary for former US president George HW Bush.
Der Spiegel published the obituary hours after a family spokesman said the 88-year-old was recovering from illness.
Bush was hospitalised in Houston November 23 for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough and moved to intensive care on December 23 after he developed a fever.
According to the Huff Post, the unfinished obituary appeared on Der Spiegel`s website for only a few minutes on Sunday before it was spotted by Internet users and removed.
In it, the magazine`s New York correspondent described Bush as "a colourless politician" whose image only improved when it was compared to the later presidency of his son, George W Bush, the report said.
According to the report, the magazine apologised on Twitter, calling the publication of the obituary a ‘technical mistake’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!
- Virat Kohli plays straight without compromising technique: Sachin Tendulkar
- PMO monitoring social media activity of ministers, tutoring them to efficiently use Twitter, Facebook: Report
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run