German magazine mistakenly publishes George HW Bush obit
Washington: A respected German magazine has mistakenly published an obituary for former US president George HW Bush.
Der Spiegel published the obituary hours after a family spokesman said the 88-year-old was recovering from illness.
Bush was hospitalised in Houston November 23 for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough and moved to intensive care on December 23 after he developed a fever.
According to the Huff Post, the unfinished obituary appeared on Der Spiegel`s website for only a few minutes on Sunday before it was spotted by Internet users and removed.
In it, the magazine`s New York correspondent described Bush as "a colourless politician" whose image only improved when it was compared to the later presidency of his son, George W Bush, the report said.
According to the report, the magazine apologised on Twitter, calling the publication of the obituary a ‘technical mistake’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists