German man faces terrorism charges in US plot
Berlin: German prosecutors say they have charged a man with membership in a group that plotted to attack US targets in the European country.
Prosecutors announced Monday the man identified only as Salih S was charged on August 12 with supporting a terrorist organisation and membership in a terrorist organisation.
They say the German citizen is alleged to be a member of the radical Islamic Jihad Union who trained at a terrorist camp in Pakistan. He was first arrested in 2008 in Turkey and extradited in July.
Salih S is accused of procuring GPS devices, night vision goggles and other items for Adem Yilmaz
Yilmaz was convicted with three others earlier this year of plotting a thwarted attack that a judge said could have killed large numbers of US soldiers and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez