German politician caught stealing toilet paper
Berlin: A German politician has been caught short after janitors collared him red-handed pilfering toilet roll from the gents in the town hall during a sting operation, authorities said on Wednesday.
Janitors` suspicions were raised when more than 200 rolls vanished and they laid a trap for Frank-Michael John, 24, a member of the far-left Die Linke party in the regional council of Stralsund, northern Germany.
They discovered him exiting the toilet with one roll in his hand and another in a backpack, according to several media.
"We are investigating the theft of several low-value items," Ralf Lechte, from the Stralsund prosecutors` office, said, confirming the media reports.
As the town hall buys toilet paper in bulk, the total value of the suspected theft is unlikely to amount to more than a few hundred euros (dollars), he added.
"Whether charges are pressed will depend on the perpetrator and whether he has previous offences," Lechte added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"