German priest admits 280 counts of child abuse
Berlin: A Roman Catholic priest in Germany has
admitted to 280 counts of sexually abusing three boys over a
The 46-year-old priest, who has been suspended, went on
trial yesterday at the state court in Braunschweig. The dapd
news agency reported that he showed no remorse.
The man who was not identified was arrested last July
after one victim told his mother what had happened. He was
charged with abusing three boys aged between 9 and 15.
Hildesheim diocese spokesman Michael Lukas says the
defendant`s actions were "a catastrophe for the victims and
for the Catholic church."
The trial continues through February 2.
The priest also faces church disciplinary proceedings.
Germany, Pope Benedict XVI`s homeland, was shaken in 2010
by revelations of abuse by clergy going back decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?