German protesters to block nuke waste transport
Berlin: Protesters have braved overnight cold in northern Germany as they try to stop 11 containers of reprocessed nuclear waste from reaching a storage facility.
Workers transferred the containers early Monday from the train that brought them to Germany from France to trucks that are to bring them to their final storage place in Gorleben.
Thousands of protesters managed to delay the transport`s arrival, chaining themselves to the railway tracks or otherwise blocking the route. Hundreds spent the night outside preparing to block the way when the convoy sets out.
Activists in Germany say the waste containers, and the temporary storage facility, are not safe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights