Germans formally arrest far-right terror suspect
Berlin: German prosecutors have ordered the formal arrest of a woman suspected of founding a far-right terror organisation that authorities say murdered nine foreigners and a policewoman.
The woman, identified only as Beate Z, turned herself into police on Tuesday. She has since refused to speak.
The 36-year-old is suspected of having set fire to a house used by two other alleged members — now both dead — of the National Socialist Underground group.
Prosecutors said late Sunday the woman faces charges of founding and belonging to a terrorist organisation. They believe the group murdered eight Turks and one Greek from 2000 to 2006 and fatally shot a policewoman in 2007.
The case has sparked a fierce debate in Germany over the government`s ability to protect immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof