Germans formally arrest far-right terror suspect
Berlin: German prosecutors have ordered the formal arrest of a woman suspected of founding a far-right terror organisation that authorities say murdered nine foreigners and a policewoman.
The woman, identified only as Beate Z, turned herself into police on Tuesday. She has since refused to speak.
The 36-year-old is suspected of having set fire to a house used by two other alleged members — now both dead — of the National Socialist Underground group.
Prosecutors said late Sunday the woman faces charges of founding and belonging to a terrorist organisation. They believe the group murdered eight Turks and one Greek from 2000 to 2006 and fatally shot a policewoman in 2007.
The case has sparked a fierce debate in Germany over the government`s ability to protect immigrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!