Germans investigate Catholic school sex abuse
Berlin: German prosecutors have opened
investigations into allegations of sexual abuse at two Roman
Catholic schools, the first legal action since reports of
priests abusing students surfaced in January.
Senior prosecutor Andrea Titz in Munich is investigating
claims of abuse against a member of a Benedictine-run boarding
school in Ettal, Bavaria, her office said today in a
Barnabas Boegle, the abbot of the Ettal Monastery that
runs the school, stepped down yesterday after eight former
students said they had been abused by school priests in the
1950s, 70s and 80s.
News organisations also reported today that Bonn
prosecutors are investigating the former director of the
Jesuits` Aloisius Kolleg school. The prosecutor`s office could
not immediately be reached for comment.
The Daily paper Welt wrote that a student who is still
enrolled at Aloisius Kolleg was allegedly abused in 2005 by
former director Father Ludger Stueper. Several other alumni
from Aloisius have also come out and accused Stueper of sexual
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference