Berlin: German prosecutors have opened
investigations into allegations of sexual abuse at two Roman
Catholic schools, the first legal action since reports of
priests abusing students surfaced in January.
Senior prosecutor Andrea Titz in Munich is investigating
claims of abuse against a member of a Benedictine-run boarding
school in Ettal, Bavaria, her office said today in a
Barnabas Boegle, the abbot of the Ettal Monastery that
runs the school, stepped down yesterday after eight former
students said they had been abused by school priests in the
1950s, 70s and 80s.
News organisations also reported today that Bonn
prosecutors are investigating the former director of the
Jesuits' Aloisius Kolleg school. The prosecutor's office could
not immediately be reached for comment.
The Daily paper Welt wrote that a student who is still
enrolled at Aloisius Kolleg was allegedly abused in 2005 by
former director Father Ludger Stueper. Several other alumni
from Aloisius have also come out and accused Stueper of sexual
First Published: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 23:32