Germany arrests suspect linked to US targets plot
Frankfurt: German federal prosecutors say authorities have arrested another suspect allegedly linked to a radical Islamic terror cell that plotted to attack US targets in Germany.
Prosecutors said in a statement today that a 24-year-old with dual Turkish-German citizen, identified only as Kadir T, was arrested on Wednesday in the Frankfurt area.
Prosecutors say he is alleged to have supported an Islamic Jihad Union cell that planned terror attacks in Germany. He was not arrested in connection with that plot, but prosecutors say he is suspected of procuring night vision devices and other supplies that the cell allegedly sent to members in Pakistan.
He is accused of supporting a terrorist organisation and violating German export laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price