Germany arrests suspect linked to US targets plot
Frankfurt: German federal prosecutors say authorities have arrested another suspect allegedly linked to a radical Islamic terror cell that plotted to attack US targets in Germany.
Prosecutors said in a statement today that a 24-year-old with dual Turkish-German citizen, identified only as Kadir T, was arrested on Wednesday in the Frankfurt area.
Prosecutors say he is alleged to have supported an Islamic Jihad Union cell that planned terror attacks in Germany. He was not arrested in connection with that plot, but prosecutors say he is suspected of procuring night vision devices and other supplies that the cell allegedly sent to members in Pakistan.
He is accused of supporting a terrorist organisation and violating German export laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre