Germany arrests suspect linked to US targets plot
Frankfurt: German federal prosecutors say authorities have arrested another suspect allegedly linked to a radical Islamic terror cell that plotted to attack US targets in Germany.
Prosecutors said in a statement today that a 24-year-old with dual Turkish-German citizen, identified only as Kadir T, was arrested on Wednesday in the Frankfurt area.
Prosecutors say he is alleged to have supported an Islamic Jihad Union cell that planned terror attacks in Germany. He was not arrested in connection with that plot, but prosecutors say he is suspected of procuring night vision devices and other supplies that the cell allegedly sent to members in Pakistan.
He is accused of supporting a terrorist organisation and violating German export laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery