Germany arrests suspect linked to US targets plot
Frankfurt: German federal prosecutors say authorities have arrested another suspect allegedly linked to a radical Islamic terror cell that plotted to attack US targets in Germany.
Prosecutors said in a statement today that a 24-year-old with dual Turkish-German citizen, identified only as Kadir T, was arrested on Wednesday in the Frankfurt area.
Prosecutors say he is alleged to have supported an Islamic Jihad Union cell that planned terror attacks in Germany. He was not arrested in connection with that plot, but prosecutors say he is suspected of procuring night vision devices and other supplies that the cell allegedly sent to members in Pakistan.
He is accused of supporting a terrorist organisation and violating German export laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah