Germany charges 3 over Syria radical group
Berlin: German prosecutors have filed terrorism charges against a Lebanese man accused of belonging to a hard-line Islamic group in Syria, and two suspected accomplices.
Federal prosecutors said today the main suspect, identified only as Ismail I, was charged with membership in the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, an al-Qaeda breakaway group.
His brother, Ezzeddine I, and German national Mohammad Sobhan A were charged with supporting it. They`re also charged with procuring equipment and money.
The main suspect is accused of training and fighting for the group in Syria last year. Prosecutors say the group sent him back to Germany to procure money, medicine and military supplies.
He and one of the alleged accomplices were arrested on a German highway in November as they set off for Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you