Germany charges 3 over Syria radical group
Berlin: German prosecutors have filed terrorism charges against a Lebanese man accused of belonging to a hard-line Islamic group in Syria, and two suspected accomplices.
Federal prosecutors said today the main suspect, identified only as Ismail I, was charged with membership in the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, an al-Qaeda breakaway group.
His brother, Ezzeddine I, and German national Mohammad Sobhan A were charged with supporting it. They`re also charged with procuring equipment and money.
The main suspect is accused of training and fighting for the group in Syria last year. Prosecutors say the group sent him back to Germany to procure money, medicine and military supplies.
He and one of the alleged accomplices were arrested on a German highway in November as they set off for Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them