Germany expels 4 Syrian diplomats over spying case
Berlin: Germany says it is expelling four Syrian diplomats following the arrest earlier this week of two men accused of spying on Syrian opposition groups in Germany.
Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said in a statement Thursday that he ordered the expulsions of the four Syrian Embassy employees, and that the ambassador had been informed. He did not give details on the diplomats.
German federal prosecutors said Tuesday they had arrested a Syrian and a German-Lebanese dual national on suspicions that they spied on Syrian opposition supporters in Germany over several years.
Syria`s ambassador to Germany was summoned to the Foreign Ministry the same day and told that Berlin cannot tolerate such activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?