Germany expels 4 Syrian diplomats over spying case
Berlin: Germany says it is expelling four Syrian diplomats following the arrest earlier this week of two men accused of spying on Syrian opposition groups in Germany.
Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said in a statement Thursday that he ordered the expulsions of the four Syrian Embassy employees, and that the ambassador had been informed. He did not give details on the diplomats.
German federal prosecutors said Tuesday they had arrested a Syrian and a German-Lebanese dual national on suspicions that they spied on Syrian opposition supporters in Germany over several years.
Syria`s ambassador to Germany was summoned to the Foreign Ministry the same day and told that Berlin cannot tolerate such activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you