Germany marks anniversary of attempt on Hitler
Berlin: Germany held ceremonies around the country to mark the anniversary of the failed 1944 attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
The speaker of Germany’s Parliament placed a wreath on Wednesday at the Defence Ministry, where plot leader Col Claus Graf Schenk von Stauffenberg and three others were executed shortly after their July 20 plan to kill Hitler with a briefcase bomb failed.
Later, German President Christian Wulff presided over the swearing-in of 470 new German Army recruits outside the Reichstag Parliament building.
It’s the first crop of new soldiers since Germany did away with conscription and went to an all-volunteer military earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports