Germany marks anniversary of attempt on Hitler
Berlin: Germany held ceremonies around the country to mark the anniversary of the failed 1944 attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
The speaker of Germany’s Parliament placed a wreath on Wednesday at the Defence Ministry, where plot leader Col Claus Graf Schenk von Stauffenberg and three others were executed shortly after their July 20 plan to kill Hitler with a briefcase bomb failed.
Later, German President Christian Wulff presided over the swearing-in of 470 new German Army recruits outside the Reichstag Parliament building.
It’s the first crop of new soldiers since Germany did away with conscription and went to an all-volunteer military earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog