Germany shooting suspect no more believes in jihad
Frankfurt: The Kosovo Albanian man on trial for killing two US airmen at the Frankfurt Airport says he no longer believes in jihad, or holy war.
Arid Uka, 21, is charged with two counts of murder for the March 2 slayings. He confessed to the attacks as his trial opened in August, saying that the night before the crime he saw an online video purporting to show American soldiers raping a teenage Muslim girl.
It turned out to be a scene from an anti-war Hollywood movie. Uka told the court Wednesday he had been duped by extremist "propaganda."
Uka said he is "still a Muslim" and prays regularly but he no longer believes the religion permits acts of violence except in self-defense.
He says the shooting of the airmen was "naturally not" permitted.
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment