Germany shooting suspect no more believes in jihad
Frankfurt: The Kosovo Albanian man on trial for killing two US airmen at the Frankfurt Airport says he no longer believes in jihad, or holy war.
Arid Uka, 21, is charged with two counts of murder for the March 2 slayings. He confessed to the attacks as his trial opened in August, saying that the night before the crime he saw an online video purporting to show American soldiers raping a teenage Muslim girl.
It turned out to be a scene from an anti-war Hollywood movie. Uka told the court Wednesday he had been duped by extremist "propaganda."
Uka said he is "still a Muslim" and prays regularly but he no longer believes the religion permits acts of violence except in self-defense.
He says the shooting of the airmen was "naturally not" permitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you