Germany summons North Korean envoy over nuke threat
Berlin: Germany`s Foreign Ministry says it summoned North Korea`s envoy in Berlin over Pyongyang`s threat to carry out another nuclear test.
The Foreign Ministry says the summoning of Ambassador Ri Si Hong today was also prompted by North Korea`s recent firing of several hundred short-range missiles and at least two medium-range missiles, as well as an exchange of fire at sea with South Korea.
The ministry said in a statement that Germany calls on North Korea to take steps to de-escalate the situation and restart international talks on its nuclear programme.
The statement said that if North Korea conducts another nuclear test "a clear reaction" by the international community would follow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj