Germany to walk out at UN if Iran denies Holocaust
Berlin: German diplomats are prepared to walk out in protest if Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad repeats before the UN General Assembly his past denials of the Holocaust, Berlin officials confirmed Tuesday.
A foreign ministry spokesman confirmed a newspaper report that Germany would respond harshly to any anti-Semitic rhetoric during the speech this Thursday.
"We are seeking a common response from the European Union (EU) nations," said the spokesman.
The plans were reported by the newspaper Handelsblatt.
In April, most EU delegates walked out of a meeting of the UN Human Rights Conference in Geneva, Switzerland, after Ahmadinejad claimed Zionism was "racism personified".
Handelsblatt said Israel had approached a variety of western foreign ministries in recent days to ask for a coordinated walkout from the room during Ahmadinejad`s speech.
The Iranian president said Friday at a speech in Tehran that the Holocaust was a "fairy tale".
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal