Germany: Woman arrested outside Israeli Embassy
Berlin: German police say a woman has been
arrested while trying to throw a small suitcase filled with
fireworks on the grounds of the Israeli Embassy.
Berlin police said today the suitcase contained less than
10 fireworks, no trigger mechanism and posed no real security
threat. The 40-year-old suspect also attempted to throw
newspapers articles featuring swastikas on the embassy
Police say the woman, whose identity was withheld because
of German privacy laws, was rapidly apprehended by the
embassy`s security guards and subsequently arrested by police
They say she has been released but is now under
investigation for possession of illegal explosives and the use
of unconstitutional signs. Displaying Nazi symbols such as the
swastika is forbidden in Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary