Get serious like Bangloreans: Obama tells US kids
Washington: Barack Obama has called on young Americans to stop “hanging out” and start doing their homework as they are competing against youngsters from Beijing and Bangalore.
The current US President was addressing the National Urban League on Wednesday.
“America says, ‘we will give you opportunity, but you’ve got to earn your success,” Politico quoted Obama as saying.
“You’re competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore.
“You know, they’re not hanging out. They’re not getting over. They’re not playing video games. They’re not watching ‘Real Housewives’. I’m just saying, it’s a two-way street. You’ve got to earn success.
“That wasn’t in my prepared remarks.
“But I’m just saying,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi