Get serious like Bangloreans: Obama tells US kids
Washington: Barack Obama has called on young Americans to stop “hanging out” and start doing their homework as they are competing against youngsters from Beijing and Bangalore.
The current US President was addressing the National Urban League on Wednesday.
“America says, ‘we will give you opportunity, but you’ve got to earn your success,” Politico quoted Obama as saying.
“You’re competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore.
“You know, they’re not hanging out. They’re not getting over. They’re not playing video games. They’re not watching ‘Real Housewives’. I’m just saying, it’s a two-way street. You’ve got to earn success.
“That wasn’t in my prepared remarks.
“But I’m just saying,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra