Ghana doors shut for Boateng: Coach
Accra: Ghana football coach James Kwesi Appiah has decided not to recall Kevin-Prince Boateng to the national side after the Schalke 04 midfielder clashed with him before being expelled during the FIFA World Cup.
Appiah stressed that from now on he will call only patriotic disciplined players who are ready to die for the country, reports EFE.
He said that Boateng is no longer in the plans for the Black Stars. The midfielder was sent back from the World Cup camp after a brawl with Appiah.
"I believe in discipline and I will not allow anything to affect the team," said Appiah.
Meanwhile, the Ghanaian Football Association announced that midfielder Michael Essien`s conduct prior to Ghana`s final group match against Portugal at the World Cup is under review.
Essien, who was named as a substitute for the Group G game in Brasilia, did not join the team in the pre-game warm-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details