Ghana doors shut for Boateng: Coach
Accra: Ghana football coach James Kwesi Appiah has decided not to recall Kevin-Prince Boateng to the national side after the Schalke 04 midfielder clashed with him before being expelled during the FIFA World Cup.
Appiah stressed that from now on he will call only patriotic disciplined players who are ready to die for the country, reports EFE.
He said that Boateng is no longer in the plans for the Black Stars. The midfielder was sent back from the World Cup camp after a brawl with Appiah.
"I believe in discipline and I will not allow anything to affect the team," said Appiah.
Meanwhile, the Ghanaian Football Association announced that midfielder Michael Essien`s conduct prior to Ghana`s final group match against Portugal at the World Cup is under review.
Essien, who was named as a substitute for the Group G game in Brasilia, did not join the team in the pre-game warm-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'